#Spokane #StreetMusic What to do when you find Frankie singing away
What do you do when you find Frankie performing some place this summer?
- Come up close enough to hear
- Stay as long as you like-feel free to sit if there is a spot you fancy
- Take a business card if you like
- Ask questions/make comments
- Don’t feel like you have to tip
- If you want to hire her to perform for your event or venue, contact her at FrankieGhee.com, or leave her a note with your information
- Let her know how you heard about the gig.
This is as casual as it gets
My motivation for performing around Spokane is to raise awareness about my website and my creative projects. I want to earn my living with my voice and my creative writing. I love the freedom and randomness of street music, but my ultimate goal is to get my writing and music published, and to find paying venues for my singing.
The way you pay for a free concert is by visiting my site and reading a poem, story, or blog. If you find something you like, spread the word. If I build it, they will come. Right?
Where can you find Frankie Ghee performing for free this summer?
Okay, here’s the deal. There are a few places I have found hospitable to spontaneous performances. Thus far, I’ve been hitting them randomly. Sometimes when I get to the place I planned to play, someone else is already there, or there is construction or a toxic gas spill. You know?
If the Universe works it so my first choice of venue is a no-go. I go to the next spot.
I am thinking I will try outside of Hastings and the Dollar Tree on the South Hill today, July 16, 2014 6:00-7:30pm.
I’ll send a tweet when I get there.
If, for some reason, that plan needs adjustment, I will tweet the location of my landing.